WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN TRAVELING WITH US
Our ability to weather many storms over our 37-year history is a result of our values as a family-owned and led company. In addition to the guiding light of these values, our incomparable experience, local knowledge, and global support network help to ensure your safety on every Country Heritage Tours journey.
The following provides travel updates, policies, and protocols along with important information you need to prepare for your upcoming trip with us.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS GUIDE
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Vaccination Requirement for International Travel
As many international destinations have introduced vaccination requirements for indoor experiences (museums, restaurants, attractions, etc.) even though the entry requirements for that destination do not require vaccination, vaccination will be required to travel on all international tours starting on September 1, 2021 We will continue to review and update our policies as restrictions are lifted.
Mandatory COVID Testing Prior to U.S. Re-Entry
All travelers must present a negative COVID test result administered in advance of returning to the U.S. Travelers are responsible for making their own arrangements for return testing. These newly available testing options take less time away from your tour, and they’re flexible to allow you to test during your trip when the time is right for you. Whether you’re doing just the base tour or extending your stay requiring testing at a different time, you’ll be able to utilize these new options. Country Heritage Tours will provide comprehensive instructions on how to utilize these tests, and rest assured, your Tour Manager is trained and will be there to assist you. There are two options available:
- (Recommended) Purchase a self-test kit to bring on tour. Major U.S. airlines (American, United) have partnered with Optum and eMed to assist passengers with re-entry testing. These companies sell test kits directly from their websites: Optum 2-pack or Optum 3-pack, eMed 6-pack. For specific directions, including how to order, register for, and use the Optum/eMed test kits, please refer to this user guide. Please note that a smartphone with a camera and Wi-Fi capability is required for these options.
- Make your own arrangements in your destination. For guests that opt for this, please be advised that in-country testing may be more expensive per-person, appointment availability may be limited, and pre-registration and documentation may be required to schedule a test.
French Health Pass
For those without the health pass we are arranging rapid tests as needed before we depart for Colmar. Of course rapid tests are available at the pharmacies near the hotel should you want to have the pass from the start.
DOMESTIC TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
All guests traveling with Country Heritage Tours, regardless of destination or point of origin, must provide proof of one of the following prior to the start of the Welcome Meeting on Day 1
- Proof of Negative Covid-19 Test would include a verifiable negative FDA- approved diagnostic COVID test (electronic or paper) showing date and time of test, taken within 72 hours of the start date of your tour.
- Proof of recovery from COVID-19 would include both a copy of a positive test result dated within 3 months prior to the end of your tour and also written documentation from your health care provider that you have been cleared to end quarantine. This written documentation must include your name and the date your positive test was performed.
- Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 is your official vaccination certificate (electronic or paper) and must identify your name and date of vaccination with final dose given at least 14-days before the start date of your tour.
Documentation will be checked and verified by a Country Heritage Tours representative on Day 1 of your trip prior to the start of our Welcome Meeting.
USE OF FACE COVERINGS
Both vaccinated and non-vaccinated guests are required to bring their own personal protective equipment they are comfortable with using, as wearing a mask may be required during some parts of your tour experience. Face coverings are required while traveling onboard the motor coach.
All Country Heritage Tours guests traveling in 2021 will have to fill out a Health Screening form for Covid-19 on their first day of their trip prior to the start of our Welcome Meeting. Additionally, requirements vary by geographic region and are evolving quickly. Check back often for updates
LOCAL TESTING SITE LOCATOR
The following link will help you find a COVID-19 testing facility near you. We also advise that you check local resources. Make sure you are getting a PCR test, the most accurate diagnostic test for COVID-19.
BEFORE YOUR TRIP
Country Heritage Tours is dedicated to giving our guests a safe, stress-free journey. To that end, with help from our Hoteliers, Motor Coach suppliers, and our US based staff, we’ve established a set of enhanced pre- and on-trip protocols and procedures to ensure health – and happiness – throughout your journey with us.
We’ll take every step to ensure you and your traveling companions are ready for the journey. Our touch-free Digital Travel Documents are a great resource for your tour planning and details, your destination, and any updates related to your trip. The Day-by-Day Itinerary will help you prepare for your daily activities on tour and our Travel Info & Destination Details provide essential information regarding hotels, what to pack, and the must-see attractions.
As an additional assurance measure, we’re providing guests with a set of health and safety advice and instructions, ensuring that all health considerations have been taken into account before leaving home.
NEW ENHANCED HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Pre-Departure Health Screenings
- We will ask all travelers to complete a Health Screening that will be provided to your Tour Manager prior to the start of the tour at the Welcome Meeting.
- For tours operating through May, 2021, up to 50% of the motor coach seats will remain unsold to allow for physical distancing. Country Heritage Tours will steadily transition to opening more seats for sale on tours departing June 1, 2021 and forward as more persons are vaccinated and further restrictions on travel are removed.
Tour Managers Trained in Enhanced Protocols
- We have employed new and enhanced hygiene & physical distancing protocols for tour managers. They are local experts and highly trained to handle a variety of unexpected situations — including illnesses and emergencies. They are also available 24/7 for guests throughout the tour should any situation arise.
- Fully vaccinated guests can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance. Guests are encouraged to wash their hands frequently and to adhere to supplier and government regulations. We recommend bringing your own masks and supply of personal hand sanitizer. A small supply of PPE will be available in the event it is needed.
Motor Coach Travel
- All surfaces will be sanitized often, including regular cleaning of high-touch areas with disinfecting wipes. Hand sanitizer will be available at all times and drivers will wear protective gear when appropriate. Coaches are equipped with air filters that clean the air as well as provide constant ventilation. And before you board, we will provide details for assigned seating to prevent the spread of germs.
- We work closely with our local partners to ensure adequate physical distancing during meals, experiences, and sightseeing. Guests may be rotated in smaller sub-groups when necessary.
- We will ask all travelers to monitor their health throughout their tour, with protocols in place in the event someone becomes ill.
- Specific protocols will vary from destination to destination, hotel to hotel. Overall, rooms and areas like restaurants, fitness centers, etc. will be deep-cleaned regularly, with rooms disinfected thoroughly between guests. High-traffic areas like lobbies and elevators will be routinely cleaned.
Handcrafted Care & Safety
Once on tour, our Tour Managers and supporting staff are responsible for maintaining these enhanced protocols with a special focus on cleanliness and physical distancing. They will provide information regarding requirements, advise when protocols are mandatory – such as wearing a face covering in group settings or individually at sights and attractions. All Country Heritage staff will adhere to the same requirements
On our trips and journeys, every guest is responsible for their own health and, in turn, the protection of their fellow travelers. Guests will pledge to follow the direction of Country Heritage staff and adhere to all local health and safety protocols. Guests are expected to wash their hands frequently and to adhere to supplier and government regulations. Fully vaccinated guests can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance. Guests are asked to bring their own supplies of face coverings and hand sanitizer for maximum comfort and protection.
For tours operating through May, 2021, up to 50% of the motor coach seats will remain unsold to allow for physical distancing. Country Heritage Tours will steadily transition to opening more seats for sale on tours departing June 1, 2021 and forward as more persons are vaccinated and further restrictions on travel are removed.